- 1 tbsp vegan baking butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 250 g mushrooms, in bite-sized pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or diced
- 3 sprigs of parsley, roughly chopped + extra to finish
- 150 ml vegetable stock
- 1 jar of Pa’lais Cuisine – Bechamel
- 2 bay leaves
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 pack of Greenway Just Like Chicken
- ½ pack of Greenway Minced Meat
- 1 small dash of sherry
- Lemon juice, to taste
- 2 vegan puff pastries
- Black pepper & salt
To go with it:
- oven-baked fries or mashed potatoes and a fresh salad with finely chopped shallots
The best vol-au-vent
Preheat the oven according to the directions on the puff pastry package. Bake the patties just before serving.
Melt the butter in a large surface stew pot over medium heat. Add the onion and fry until translucent and the edges are golden brown.
Add the mushrooms and fry them on high heat for a few minutes until brown. Add the garlic and parsley and stir for a minute. Season with salt and pepper.
Deglaze with the stock, lower the heat and add the Pa’lais Cuisine – Bechamel, along with the bay leafs. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Put the lid on the pot and let it simmer on low heat.
Fry the chicken pieces in some butter in a separate pan. Meanwhile, roll small balls of the minced meat that you season with salt and pepper.
Add the chicken pieces to the sauce and brown the meatballs evenly in the same pan. Add them to the sauce.
Taste the sauce and finish with a dash of sherry, some lemon juice and chopped parsley.
Serve with the puff pastries, fries or mashed potatoes and a fresh salad.